Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A DOGS LIFE FOR ME!

So this is the CRAZIEST thing I think I have ever been asked to do!  Ya, make a cooling vest for a dog from old cargo pants. WHAT!?!  However, just to say I can... I did!  Eddie Bowers (my dog) and I appeared on AZ Channel 12 News showing off  his newest dog duds.   The morning news anchor saw this idea online and asked  if I could make it happen.   So funny!  The idea behind the cargo pockets is to hold ice packets to keep your dog cool.  You can also wet the top layer of the vest.  When the water evaporates it can help keep the dog cooler. If your dog is sensitive to heat, this is the idea for you! Seriously, who knew!?! 
I looked at the instructions online.  They seemed a little complicated to me, and there was no information on how to measure your dog.  My way is in no way better than the original instructions I saw.  The way I did it just worked better for me.  I will post them and the segment that Eddie and I did later today.  I have been up since 3:30 a.m., I am sooooooo tired!  ;]

Here is the segment, please enjoy, CLICK HERE:  DOG DAYS OF SUMMER
 


No comments:

Post a Comment