Tuesday, August 28, 2012

HALLOWEEN POISON BOTTLES

 I want to do all I can to prepare for Halloween.  It is never too early.  :]  My husband would disagree...however, he happily lets me "DO MY THING".  He will say to me, "You are so happy when you are doing your thing."  I like to be happy, so I do my thing.
 These "Poison" bottles will make a great "give-a-way" to all the little monsters that come to my party.  This sort of crafty project is so easy to make.  There are all sorts of "digital" treats to get right off the internet.  I give a big shout out to all those who cheaply sell or freely give their work...this makes my job a lot easier. 
The bottles are from Joann's.  (If you have read any of my past posts you will find that I frequent Joann's.  They offer several coupons each month.  They also let you use multiple coupons.  LUV IT!)  I bought the bottles for .60 cents, quite a bargain. They came with the corks.   The openings were the perfect size for a tic tac.  I wanted to use candy that wouldn't go bad before Halloween.  Next, I down loaded the "Poison" labels, printed them, cut them out, and glued them to the bottles. 
Some of the bottles got twine bows and some got skull and cross bone bows.  I think I am winding up liking the burlap better......I might have to go back and bow the black ones!?!  AAARRRGGG!!!!!

This was easy and fun.  My daughter loved helping me load up the bottles with our little "poison pills"  I think she ate as many as she dropped in the bottles.

After making these, I think I have a sickness...I am looking at every bottle I see and planning ways I can turn it into another potion bottle!!!!  I even took an empty bubble bath bottle from my Mom's garbage can...you better bet it will be attending the Halloween party!  Maybe I am a WITCH!?!  :]

No comments:

Post a Comment