Monday, May 6, 2013

MOTHERS ARE LIKE BUTTONS




I saw a card in Walgreen's that said “Mothers are like buttons, they hold everything together.” I immediately thought “how tender!”  Since then I have seen this sentiment  several other places.  (Apparently, I’m not the only one familiar with this darling little ditty!)  I do not claim to be the genius that coined this phrase, I don't know who it was...who ever you are...you are so cleaver!  I love the idea of this being buttoned onto a gift for Mother's Day.  Warms your heart doesn't it!?!  
I have a ton of old buttons and figured I would make a quick and easy Mother's Day gift from them.  This Mother's Day craft is easy enough for the kids to participate in.  
I chose to make a button bracelet and do it with a magnetic bracelet that comes equipped with  a removable clasp.  
It' so easy to work with, even a "non-crafting Dad could manage to help the kids make this for Mom or Grandma!  No jewelry making skills necessary!  My daughter had a great time helping me load the wire up with buttons!
 

1 comment:

  1. I love these Shellie! They are so cute! I love old buttons, and want to make one for myself even though I'm not a mom!

    ReplyDelete