Monday, November 26, 2012

CHRISTMAS TREATS... SWEETS FOR THE SWEET!

Visions of Sugar Plums dance in my head!  Christmas just isn't Christmas without a little treat making.  Preparing Christmas treats is one of my favorite Christmas traditions.  I'll admit, I like a good treat...BUT, watching those I love enjoy a gathering, a party, or even a simple Christmas cookie is satisfaction to my soul!  Nothing beats the smell of fresh baked anything!
I soooooo loved the Cake Pop Centered Pumpkin Cupcake this Thanksgiving that I am giving a Christmas version a try.  RED VELVET! YUM!
 It worked like a charm!  I used the exact recipe that is posted in  "Pumpkin Palooza", only I used a Red Velvet Cake mix. 
 You can either use a chocolate cake mix and add Red Velvet Coloring/Flavor or buy a Red Velvet cake mix.  For this cupcake I used a cake mix and followed the instructions on the package except...now, here is the big secret...I used chocolate milk instead of water, and melted butter instead of oil. AND,  I always add just a little cinnamon to a chocolate batter. Not a lot, just a teaspoon. The cake pop center was done exactly the same as in the pumpkin flavored cupcakeI AM IN LOVE! 
 F.Y.I. This also works well with a mini cupcakes.  I made the cake ball center just a little bigger than a marble.  It is a great size..they were adorable.  Also, if  these seem too much work for one day, you can make the cake pops centers several days ahead.  I made them, lined them on a cookie sheet in a single layer, and stuck them in the freezer.  After they were frozen, I took them off the cookie sheet and put them in a Ziploc freezer bag.  The day I wanted to make the cupcakes, I laid the cake pops back on a cookie sheet and allowed the to thaw...it seems like way less work this way!

 ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment