Sunday, March 10, 2013

CROCK POT CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE SLAW SLIDDERS

St. Patrick’s Day is a PAR-TAY holiday, who doesn’t like a party!?!  You know I do!  Any reason to get together with those I love is a great reason to party! (Even if it mean wearing green and risking a pinch…I don’t look very good in green!)  If you like corn beef and cabbage, our menu will knock your socks off!  We have taken an classic flavor and mixed it up!  
 CROCK POT CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE SLAW SLIDERS WITH GOLD COIN POTATO CHIPS! 
 My family loved this!  I took my CRAZY mother’s classic and delicious corned beef and cabbage recipe and brought it around in a way that was not only easy but, fantastically delicious. Her recipe is traditional in that the corned beef is boiled on the stove for hours.  “AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!”… I crock potted that sucker!   I like the crock pot CUZ you drop it in and walk away…and TA-DA…Fantastic meal.  I don’t want to babysit a pot on the stove if I don’t have to!  Let my mom do that, I am a crock potter! However the BEST part of her recipe is what you do to the meat after it is cooked! I kept the integrity of the last step in her recipe because it makes the meat absolutely to die for!  Those sliders were gone faster than anything else I have served for a long time! 





The cabbage, carrots, and potatoes in her classic recipe were pinched right out! Sorry Ma! The carrots and cabbage reappeared in a crunchy slaw to top this darling little slider.  The traditional potatoes that are so essential to an Irish meal and must not be left out of the equation became GOLD COIN POTATO CHIPS.  These Gold Coin Chips are definitely worthy to be at the end of a glorious rainbow! 
 This meal would make any Leprechaun Leap!  They are crispy, seasoned perfectly, and the parsley adds the fresh taste I am always looking for in the spring!
  If you are not GREEN with envy now, you will be after you see this....
PISTACHIO BREAD WITH A
CINNAMON AND PISTACHIO GLAZE.
One of my AZ Channel 12 viewers (who seems to be pretty crafty herself!) was so kind as to share the Pistachio bread recipe with me. (Thank you CINDY!) I then dressed it up a bit with a cinnamon and pistachio glaze.  It is a fantastic  way to end any meal. I can not say enough about how good this bread is.  I have a child who will not eat nuts...BUT, he will eat this pistachios and all!  

My daughter asked me if I wanted to share a piece of this delicious bread with her.  I was delighted that she would ask and thought what a smart choice to split such a rich delicacy.  I watched with amazement as she split the bread.  It WAS in two pieces, they WERE equal in size, however, she split it quite a bit differently than I had imagined.  She took the TOP half  with all the nuts and gooey glaze and gave me the bottom half!  Now, the bottom half is delicious...don't get me wrong, but lets just say it's a good thing she is my child.  I would not make such a sacrifice for just any one.  I would have fought to the death for that gooey bite with any one else.  I love you baby girl, it's a good thing you're cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment