Tuesday, March 26, 2013

BUNNY CAKE POPS



For some unknown reason I  had it in my heart to make bunny cake pops for our Easter Tea Party.  I have to admit that I am pretty comfortable baking just about anything.  However, cake pops make me scared.  I was willing to give it my best shot... and turns out I am pretty  proud of myself... they are adorable!  Plus, it doesn't hurt that they taste fantastic!  
 These bunny cake pops began like any other cake pop...bake a cake, mix with either frosting or cream cheese, and then shape.  I wanted these cake pops to take the form of little bunnies.  The only way I could figure out how to do this is use a silicone tray.  I think this tray was meant to be a chocolate mold.  This one came from the craft store but,  I have actually seen them all over.  
I put the "dough" into the mold and then put the mold in the freezer.  Once they were nice and cold, I pushed them out from the bottom, put them on pretty straws, and coated them with pink chocolate.  When the coating was completely dry (which didn't take too long because they were still really cold) I packaged them and tied them with pretty pink tinselI would like to personally thank these bunny cake pops from the bottom of my heart for cooperating so nicelyThey will make a lovely addition to my Easter treat list and probably won't last very long! 




 





No comments:

Post a Comment